ICON DICOM PRINT APP can transform an HP Workpath MFP to a secure, high-quality medical paper printer, capable of directly printing from any manufacturer’s medical imaging equipment, through the DICOM protocol.
DICOM (Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine) is the international standard to transmit, store, retrieve, print, process, and display medical imaging information.
- Any manufacturer’s medical imaging equipment that follows the DICOM protocol could print directly to a HP Workpath MFP without the need for any other middleware.
- Can handle multiple print requests, from multiple medical equipments and print profiles, simultaneously.
- Modern (material) and easy to use user interface.
- The print to paper solution could save significant money for a hospital when compared to the cost of medical film printing (up to 1/10th).
- Offers a demo mode where the end-result gets watermarked. In this way, the whole solution could be evaluated for its fitness before any purchase.
- Supports secure DICOM connections to protect sensitive medical data.
- Produces hi-quality outputs through the use of PDFs that encapsulate lossless compressed images. The image quality could be further enhanced using optimized processing filters.
- Custom logos could “personalize” printouts for each hospital.
- HTTP REST API that could integrate the internal printing database with external systems.
- ICON DICOM PRINT’s Android service “listens” on the hospital’s network for incoming DICOM print requests.
- A print profile is selected based on the incoming request’s originating medical imaging equipment (e.g. CT, MRI, US, etc.).
- The DICOM printing information is translated, utilizing the selected printing profile, to a hi-quality PDF (all images are compressed with a lossless technique) which is stored in the application’s internal database.
- The application’s license is checked. If there’s no active license, the PDF gets watermarked.
- The produced PDF is submitted for physical printing through the JetAdvantage Link print service API.
- The operator of medical imaging equipment sends a DICOM print request.
- The application’s home screen allows the overview and re-submission of the last 50 processed print jobs.
- Application settings could be accessed in a secure manner (password-protected).
DICOM PRINT – SETTINGS
- Application settings allow the editing of network and print profile settings.
- Secure DICOM connections could be enabled through the use of SSL certificates.
- DICOM communication logs could be exported for further analysis.
- Multiple print profiles could be defined, one or more for each medical equipment.
- Test patterns could be print for each profile to optimize the printing result.
PRINT PROFILES – GENERAL
- For each print profile, the name and the unique DICOM Application Entity Title (AET – the unique DICOM name of specific medical equipment) should be set.
- The profile color modes could be set which include the print mode (Auto/Color/B&W), the border and empty image color.
PRINT PROFILES – PAPER
- Size translation mappings between DICOM and paper dimensions could be set.
PRINT PROFILES – LOGO
- Static text that could identify the origin of the printout could be set (e.g. name/address/contact of the hospital).
- The printout date and time could also be optionally printed.
PRINT PROFILES – PROCESSING
- Post-processing filters could be set to enhance image quality.
- Filters are hardware-accelerated to minimize the processing time.
- Current available filters include image brightness, contrast and gamma adjustment.
What People Say
The application’s home screen allows the overview and re-submission of the last 50 processed print jobs.
Multiple print profiles could be defined, one or more for each medical equipment.
The application’s license is checked. If there’s no active license, the PDF gets watermarked.